Oil leak

To: "6 pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil leak
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:49:05 -0800
        Folks:

        Just an update. Pulled the tranny, clutch and flywheel, and
found my
oil leak; it was the plug in the oil gallery. I had used Hylomar on it,
but switched to permatex for the rest of the oil gallery plugs. Well,
the oil pressure is high enough that it blew out the Hylomar, and it was
leaking all over the place. Used Permatex and reinstalled, replaced the
flywheel, clutch and tranny.
        Need to finish a few odds and ends, then fire her up again. The
weather
here is gorgeous, so every hour that slips by is killing me!

        Thanks for the help everyone,

        Vance
1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom