Starter Wiring

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter Wiring
From: webb@daikin-america.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:45:18 -0600
While replacing the intake/exhaust manifold gasket I noticed one of the
wires at the starter solenoid is just hanging free. In tracing the wires
down using Dan Masters excellent book I also noticed the 2 White/Orange
wires are connected to the top "A" terminal, not the bottom "C" terminal
(76 model TR6 with M418G starter). The wiring diagram shows a wire from an
unlabeled terminal on the left side of the solenoid to the positive side of
the coil. My loose wire appears to be this wire (0.6 ohms to one of the
wires on the coil's + terminal, colors faded but may be yellow). Problem is
I don't see any terminal on the left side of the solenoid to connect it to.

1. What should I do with the loose wire?
2. Should I move the 2 White/Orange wires to the "C" terminal?

Other data - the PO installed a Crane XR700 ignition, stock coil I think.
It may be a week or two before I can start the car.

Thanks, Pat