Embarrasssed CENTER CONSOLE BIDDER

To: 6PACK@autox.team.net
Subject: Embarrasssed CENTER CONSOLE BIDDER
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:13:42 EST
Well boys, I am one of the final two bidders for the console on ebay...yep, I
kept bidding until the price went way over what I should have offered, but I
have been trying to locate one of these consoles for three years now without
luck; I realize that this is a repo. and not original inventory, but the
excitement of visualizing such a rare dealer option on my car simply got the
better
of me.  ( My 74 1/2 already has a rare combination of other options:  dealer
installed, factory- approved air, o.d. and factory hardtop ).   I make no
apology for my enthusiasm during the bidding war for the console, but in
hindsight
I now think that the manufacturer certainly was "testing the market waters"
first on ebay in an effort to see how much to price his console if and when he
decides to market it in other forums rather than on ebay.  I certainly hope
he(or she) does market elsewhere, and at a price between $400-500.  I sincerely
believe that is a fair price, given the quality of this unit.  I would pay in
that price range, but probably not more, given my retrospective look at the
results of the auction this week.  Does anyone know the name and address of the
manufacturer of the console?   Do you think that it is reasonable to assume
that more than one of these consoles has in fact been made?   Bob Pierson