RE: Tuning TR6

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: RE: Tuning TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:23:15 -0800
        Adam:

        I would simply hang the carbs back on the engine with no
adjustments for
startup. If the carbs were never used on your 6, then set the carb
needles at the middle of
their travel.
        Set the valve lash prior to start up.
        For the timing, I used a volt meter to measure the resistance of
the points
with the crank turned to TDC on the number one cylinder, then rotated
the distributor
until the points just opened with the rotor pointing at the number one
spark tower.
It started on the first try.

        Vance