RE: top down

To: "Drew Palavage" <palavagedrew@hotmail.com>, 6pack
Subject: RE: top down
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:42:00 -0700
Drew, There should be three snaps on each side of the top immediately aft of
the doors. Make sure these snaps are un-done then seperate the velcro from the
top bars above the roll up windows. Also make sure that the sleeve on the
inside, above the rear window, is un-snapped (should be five snaps here). Then
the top should only be attached at the header bar and across the rear deck.
The top should lift away from the frame as it folds back allowing the frame to
collapse and the top to lay flat across the bootlid (trunk), then fold the top
forward back over the collapsed frame, then fold the quarter windows in
torwards the center. All that is now left to do is cover the folded top with a
cover of sorts if you have one then enjoy the sun. You might be overlooking
the snapped sleeve above the rear window. If this is sewn instead of snapped
you have other problems.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO