RE: Lost Cam

To: <StuBeatty@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lost Cam
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:50:35 -0800
        Stu:

        Depends on how you had it shipped. If you used parcel
post (the cheapest) then it can take 4 weeks or more. I used this
one time to ship some seat covers I sold over the internet to
the east coast, it was just over a month!
        Parcel post is 100% ground, and is done on a non-priority
basis. So your package can and does sit around until there is
room, and it is "convenient" to load it on a truck. There is
no First in First out system. It couldn't take much longer if it
went by dog sled.
        Spending the extra 5% to go priority mail is the way to go.
That is 3 day delivery anywhere in the US. What a difference! I
have been very happy with priority mail. I don't know what
happens when it crosses the border into Canada, if it is given the
same priority or not. For $0.60 you can get a tracking number
so that you can see when it gets delivered on the internet, but
I know that the traceability disappears at the border, so it
is not much use to you.
        Parcel post is the strictly a no-frills deal. Not generally
recommended unless pennies count and you don't care how long it takes.
If it went parcel post, I would say do not expect it for another 2
weeks.

        Cheers,

        Vance