RE: VB Slave Cylinder discussion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: VB Slave Cylinder discussion
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:29:17 -0800 (PST)
As you can see from the below comments I was rather far afield with my slave
cylinder comments.  Adam Beasley was correct in his comments about the
orientation of the slave cylinder.  For some reason I had a mental picture
(obviously out of focus) of the plunger on the slave cylinder facing toward the
front of the car, not toward the back as it should be.   As far as Jim Frank's
comments I can only say that my experience was that when I added the spacers to
the slave cylinder it raised the point at which the clutch disengaged farther
from the floor.  My apoligies for the faulty information.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6

Mike,If you look at the diagrams for mounting the slave cylinder you will seeit
actually slides into the mounting bracket.  I also noted this whenremoving the
original slave to place the new one.  I have since used adremel to grind a
small portion of the mounting bracket so the slavewill slide in as designed.
Would mounting the slave cylinder to therear of the plate not cause the clutch
to engage closer to floor ratherthan further?  As the slave would have to push
the rod further todisengage the clutch?Adam1973 TR6

Spacers WILL NOT change your engagement point of the clutch. All you do ismove
the piston down the bore.Jim