Rheostat

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rheostat
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <sawblade@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:04:01 -0400
Hello to All,
Just a FYI post. I have been wrestling with the dim dash light syndrome for
sometime now. My rheostat only worked at one point on the spring. I was in no
mood to pay$65 for a new one for occasional night driving. Hence, I've been
looking for a good used one. HA! HA!. One year later as I had my dash out for
other reasons, I decided to try halogen gauge bulbs. 12v 5 w. Just put them in
today and tested the lights with the garage lights out. Surprise surprise.
Turns outs, my rheostat works great through the full range. The gauges are
significantly brighter and to be honest, I may have to turn them down with my
new found rheostat. Many will question the heat factor. I did with the
supplier and he assured me he has used them for the past several years with no
problem. So, before you throw out your ancient rheostat and by a new one,
check out the bulbs. The reason my rheostat appeared to only work in one
position was because it was at its' brightest setting and still the bulbs were
dim. Hope this helps anyone with similar problems,
Alex Manzo
72 TR6 Damson
59 TR3A Signal Red