RE: Rheostat

To: "'Eureka Saws Co, Inc.'" <sawblade@ptdprolog.net>,
Subject: RE: Rheostat
From: "Mark Pruitt" <mwpruitt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:47:12 -0400
I was told the same thing about heat by LBC. Halogen lights are too hot for
the gauges. Ask me how I know.... There is a blue plastic piece inside the
gauge where the light socket inserts. The halogens will melt them in a
heartbeat.

I ended up modifying my gauges with super bright LEDs and they work great. I
had to take them apart and install multiple LEDs in the speedo and tach, but
I was able to use one in each of the small gauges with great success.

Mark
72TR6 CC78269L
Atlanta, GA