Quick wiring question re: alternators

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quick wiring question re: alternators
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:10:56 -0500
Hey All,
I just got my Lucas alternator back from J&N Electric...wow! What a nice
refurb job they did. Quick turnaround, too.
Anyways, I just re-installed it in my '76...but...alas, I have an extra
wire in the bundle!?!?

Can anyone tell me where the blue/green wire in that bundle that
connects to the alternator and coil goes? Dang it! That's just too
embarrassing...
Due to the routing shape in it, it looks like it connects somewhere
underneath the alternator, but I can't find a spade terminal anywhere!
To make matters worse, it doesn't seem to be in the '76 schematics on
pg. 17 of Bentley. Now, mind you- I used to have the after market AC
hooked up, but disconnected and pulled the pump last year (the rest of
the components will be removed next winter when I pull the engine to do
a rebuild, and freshen up engine compartment).
I've GOT to break down and by Dan Masters' book...

Till then...anyone?

Thanx in advance,

Pete
'76 CF51563U...trying to reanimate from winter stasis. Last driven
November 24th. Spring in Vermont- it's a beautiful thing...