RE: fitting distributor pedestal..Q?

To: "rhill" <hill@mninter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fitting distributor pedestal..Q?
From: "Rick & Lori" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:36:34 -0400
BobH,

1) Do the Bentley procedure as follows: mic the washer thickness, drop it on
the drive gear, insert pedestal and measure the block gap thickness with
feelers.  Subtract desired endfloat (0.005?) and washer thickness from the
block gap.  The result is the gasket thickness needed.  Don't forget to
remove the washer when you're done!

2) I have never seen pedestal gaskets of various thickness.  When I did this
procedure last January, I wound up cutting shiny post card into shape as
that had the correct thickness.  The gasket you get in the kits was way too
thick for my application.  I Hylomar'd both surfaces prior to installation.

3) No allowance for crush is needed when using card stock.

Cheers.

Rick O.