Re: Lever Dampers

To: Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu (Michael Corbitt)
Subject: Re: Lever Dampers
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:46:38 -0700
Michael---If your back end easily bounces up and down, it is likely that
the lever shocks are not doing the job, as this is what shocks are
supposed to control. I think this can happen without loosing shock
fluid.

When springs get weak, the design of our car's trailing arms tend to
make the rear wheels lean into negative camber. It would also account fo
the chassis bottoming out. as you reported.

Stiffer shocks work best with stiffer springs, and v.v,  This is not
always an easy balance to achieve, but fun to try!

Dick