red hot headers

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: red hot headers
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <sawblade@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:48:19 -0400
Hi to everyone,
Just about done on my winter projects. Installed Richard Good's triple carb
setup this weekend. After fumbling along getting the linkage right, etc., I
was able to get the freshly rebuilt stromberg's to fire up.The car ran about
1200 to 1500 rpm's. Obviously the need to tune and balance is ever present.
One disturbing event occurred with my headers however. These headers ran all
last year without incident. However, I noticed the two pipes toward the rear
of the engine glowing a pretty orange/red. (powder coated) Of course, I shut
the car down after about a few minutes of running. If memory serves me right,
this would be indicative of an extremely heavy gas flow from the rear carb,
causing an excessive burnoff attempt. Any correction to my memory or added
advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6