RE: Trash in the master cylinder

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: Trash in the master cylinder
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:43:34 +0000
I've found those specs may be paint peeling, or comming off inside the booster.
My old booster was filled with brake fluid. I replaced the master cylinder,
since it's old seals were leeking the fluid into the booster to begin with, and
since I'm doing a frame off, and only want to do it once, I installed silicone
brake fluid.

When I restored  my guages, I couldn't understand why there was so much dust or
some kind of specs inside the glass, I discovered the paint was peeling after
30 years behind the guages. I fixed things up,put new seals in (around the
glass) and everything is nice and clear now. I bet thats why some of these
fail, the specs get into the gear works behind the dials.

GH

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net