triple carb update

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: triple carb update
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <sawblade@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:05:08 -0400
I remedied the header turning a pretty red. Got the carbs running at about
850-900 rpm's. Runs a little rough, but it does have a mild cam. I probably
picked the worst carbs to rebuild. I believe they are off a 73-74. Has the
little hoses for emissions. Should have used my 72's and found another one.
Anyway, the only odd thing, is while I was balancing out the carbs, there was
a few stalls. When this occurred, I saw gas coming out of the choke mechanism
and also out the of the bowl vent. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?
I am fabricating stock air boxes to fit the triple setup. So the carbs are
running wide open. Makes me a little nervous with gas showing up in not so
good a spot. Any help as usual is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex Manzo
72 TR6 Damson
59 TR3A