Question on the Electronic Ignition System.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question on the Electronic Ignition System.
From: "Mike Brandon" <mbrandon0512@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:35:20 -0400
Hi Team,

There is a Crain (a.k.a. Allison XR-700) Electronic Ignition on my TR6 1975,
however I do not have the instructions. So I wonder if someone out there can
tell me about the optical pick-up adjustment? The optical pick-up is located
inside the distributor, held down with a screw in a slot. My question is
what is this adjustment  for? Does the movement of the position of the
optical pick up, over the shutter wheel, change the timing? If not I'd love
know just what this adjustment is for. Thanks for your help.

Mike.
TR6  CF-30480-UU