4.11 gears

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 4.11 gears
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:56:44 EDT
I've just bought an A-type overdrive for my '70 TR6 anticipating better
highway flexibility.  Has anyone replaced the diff gears with 4.11?  I
understand
they were optional on the earlier triumphs.  I drove a TR3 with the lower ratio
at the summer party.  I was impressed with the acceleration, especially for
autocross.  It seems with my stock 4-speed and 3.7 rear, I don't get into the
optimum rpms in 2nd gear.  I've not done the math to calculate rpm/speed with
the 22% reduction I would get with the A-type.  I've heard 700rpms with the 3.7
rear end.  Does anyone know what kind of 4th gear overdrive rpm/mph numbers I
could expect with the 4.11 rear end?
Joe Davis