Gunst bearing

To: 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gunst bearing
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 06:58:37 -0400
Hi,

I have the Gunst in the car now for over 2,000 miles , no preload & no
problems. Previous to this change I had the Toyota bearing with a
REBUILT B&B pressure plate. I strongly recommend that no one buy or use
a "rebuilt" B&B pressure plate as this unit caused bad clutch action
from day one. Very poor adjustment & clutch engagement.  The Toyota
bearing did score the fingers as reported by others, how much this
affected the overall performance is hard to say. I purchased a new B&B
clutch kit from VB on sale for less then $110.00 (NFI) and have had
smooth sailing ever since. The new bronze carrier & bearing give  very
nice control, so far.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.