Stripped Sheetmetal Screws

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Stripped Sheetmetal Screws
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:13:48 -0400
Hi Guys, I come to the well of knowledge once again.  I'm remounting my
luggage rack on the boot lid after paint, and have found a couple of the
holes are a little too large to hold the screws tightly.  I can't get to
the back side of the holes to put on a speed nut .  Anybody have a neat
fix for this.  I even tried putting a pop rivet in the hole, but it just
spins when I try to put a screw into it.   There must be some type of
anchor available for a blind sheet metal hole.   Thanks for any advice
                                                          John
Mitchell     TR6  1976  BRG