Re: front wheel bearing races

To: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@cdc.gov>
Subject: Re: front wheel bearing races
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:27:17 -0500
Oh humble supplicant who well knows his place in the universe, as
this is a such a small matter, hardly worthy of bothering the Triumph
gods of this list with, I will endeavor to provide  the information
to aid you in your quest and hope that my miserable answer is neither
wrong nor inadequate for if it should be so, I will prostrate my
lowly self before those who, knowing infinitely more than I, will
provide correct, complete and full answers.

Yes, you can knock the races out.  I have used a hammer and socket
extension or chisel to tap them out from the opposite side.  They are
not a press fit so they should come out easily.  Tapping new races in
is just as easy but be sure to do it evenly around the edges so they
don't bind as they go in.

Rob
74 TR6 Daily Driver who reads the oracle way too much sometimes and
begs to be forgiven for taking attempting such liberties with poor
humor on this list <grin>.