Re: top hole in clutch lever

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: top hole in clutch lever
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:15:19 -0400
Hey Joe,

There's nothing wrong with using the top hole if the car works better.
It's the fact that if all is within spec & worn or malfunctioning parts
are out of the picture, then the middle hole is the factory position. I
went through this problem for 3 years, removing the tranny and making
adjustments. Replacing a broken fork pin, changing to the Toyo bearing &
so on. After all this I decided to buy a new pressure plate. In the past
I reused my rebuilt Beck Arnly B&B just changing the disc. In my case
the new pressure plate made the difference. From the day I put the
rebuilt unit in I was never able to use the center hole with out first &
reverse issues. On my last repair I used the new pressure plate, disc,
Gunst bearing & sleeve. No problems & smooth shifting in the center hole.
If the mechanicals work with the top hole don't make yourself nuts and
use it. The next time you have the trany out look over the components
for the reason.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.