blinking "ign" light

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: blinking "ign" light
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:40:06 -0400
I've noticed this twice recently on the same stretch of road. This only
occurs at night with my lights on. After driving through town I get on an
open stretch of road. As I accelerate, my ign lamp will momentarily light
up, then fade. Occasionally it will blink while I'm holding a steady 60 mph.
The only thing I could think of is that the belt is slipping, but it seems
OK. The alternator is the stock unit but was rebuilt about 18 months ago.

Any ideas?

Walt Philipson