Ominous vibration under load

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ominous vibration under load
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:25:02 -0400
Hey All,
I've been lurking for many months with no questions of my own, as my 76
has been running like a top...until recently.
At first it was very subtle. So subtle in fact that I questioned what I
was even feeling. A vibration in the pedal that was exceedingly slight,
but has grown more pronounced as of late.
Last night, I put her in neutral at >50 MPH going downhill...no
vibration felt in the pedal. Back in gear and under load- vibration.
More pronounced at slower speeds, and not discernable at all at freeway
speed. The exhaust note has somehow changed as well, and I did actually
think that maybe I was getting vibration from that.

The car is running strong otherwise.

Here's my intended course of action. Please advise on additional
tactics.

Double-check and top off diff oil.
Double-check and top off trans oil.
Tighten prop and half shaft flange bolts.

Any other ideas welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Pete
CF51563U. Running well, but telling me SOMETHING...