removing crank pulley

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: removing crank pulley
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
I thought I'd send an update on my query about how to remove the crank pulley.
Most of the repsonses I got suggested using an impact wrench. Since I own
neither an air compresser or impact wrench I had to find another lower tech
solution. The solution arrived at my front doorn this morning  - my brother.

He depressed the brake pedal which locked up the rear wheels (sort of) while I
used a long handle torque wrench to turn the bolt. It came right off. My only
expenditure for said services was a bottle of Guiness.

FWIW.

Jim Jones
'72 Emerald