Powerband

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Powerband
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 15:25:31 EDT
My 71 TR6 just doesn't seem to build any power after 4000 rpm. I recently
rebuilt it. Raised CR to 9.5to1, installed 1.6to1 roller rockers, replaced
stock
cam with S2,Lucas sport coil, new exhaust system with double outlet stock
manifold,rebuilt
Strombergs (new throttle shafts and seals, bypass valves closed). Right now I
have the carbs adjusted to full rich. I have tried both points and Pertronix
with no change in performance other than a smoother idle with the electronic
ignition. The timing is set at 6 degrees BTDC running-any more advanced and it
pings. Retard is disconnected and plugged at carb (vacuum module is bad).
Distributor is a Lucas 41352 which has a pretty radical advance curve. The
power
just goes flat at 4000 rpm. Is this the nature of the beast? If not is this a
possible lack of fuel problem or an ignition problem?  If anybody has any
suggestions I surely appreciate your input.
Thanks  Mike C  '71 TR6