Re: Electrical Issue.

To: brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Issue.
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 03:07:32 EDT
Bruce Simms _brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca_ (mailto:brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca)
writes:

My  wipers, temp gauge and fuel gauge work only when I turn the lights on.
Where should I look? Someone's probably seen this before.  I have  Master's
electrical book.

Bruce,

This is not a typical problem; it sounds like someone has messed up your
wiring, probably around the fuse box. Check the wiring at the fuse box -- you
should have one fuse with white wire(s) on one side and green on the other, one

fuse with brown wire(s) on one side and purple on the other, and one fuse
with a  red/green wire on one side and red wires on the other. The other fuse
is
a  spare, and should have no wires attached to it.

My guess is that you'll find a green wire connected to the fuse with the
red/green and red wires. Do the items you mentioned work when only the parking
lights are on, or do the headlights have to be on for them to work? How about
your heater fan, turn signals, brake and reverse lights? Do they only work
when  the lights are on? Don't leave these items on long as you do your test;
if
I'm  right, you'll be feeding them through the headligth switch, and the r/g
wire is  not rated to carry that much current. Test them one at a time.

If this doesn't fix it, I'll have some other questions for you as we sleuth
it out.

Regards,

Dan