Rough Running TR6

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rough Running TR6
From: "Ronald Olds" <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:36:26 -0500
My 72 TR6 is running a little rough and has a hesitation when
accelerating from idle.  I was doing my normal tune up for my emission
testing and things seem to be going from not too bad to worse. I believe
the vacuum advance is not working properly. When I remove the vacuum
line from the distributor there isn't much change in the timing.

I removed the line before adjusting the timing and think I remember a
big change in the timing.  I adjusted the timing to 4 degrees ATDC as I
always do. When I plugged in the line the timing didn't seem to change
much. I don't know if the hesitation is with the vacuum advance or some
other type of problem.

The distributor cap, rotor and points (checked gap) look ok. The lugs
inside the distributor cap look as if they are aluminum. Shouldn't these
be copper? If so does anyone know has this type.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone out there might have.

Thanks,

Ron Olds