My Green wires are shorted to Ground

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Green wires are shorted to Ground
From: "Chris David" <cdavid@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:56:56 -0400
the subject says it all..

I've removed the pair from the fusebox and connected a voltmeter.  it reads 0
ohms to ground.

to I started removing the green wires from under the dash to try and locate
the short.

I've disconnected from:
wiper motor
stabilizer (both)
fan switch
wipers
washer
hazard switch
Flasher

still shorted

the manual mentions the "neutral parking safety switch"...  I cannot locate
this.  I'd assume the gearbox or shift linkage but I'm not seeing it in the
manual and I hate to rip the tunnel out until I know more. plus the drawing
looks like this is a two ire switch so it'd be more likely something further
down that circuit.

then there is the possibility it's in the harness but this isn't likely as the
chances of a melt in the harness causing the ground wire (what few there are)
to short would be slim.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Chris