Poor Acceleration

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Poor Acceleration
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@tr-6.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:10:50 -0400
Hello everyone,

I took my car out for a drive to the country yesterday. It was an hour
drive from home. The car seemed to run fine until the engine started
puttering when I accelerated. When I would reach a hill, the car slowed
down dramatically to the point that I had to downshift and floor the gas
just to make it up the hill.

The puttering made the car hesitate on acceleration and was causing a
jerking motion.

My carb setup is ZS and really considering converting to SU HS6's if I
can't get this problem resolved.

Can someone shed some light as to what can cause this puttering?

Thanks,

Patrick

'70 TR-6