Temp Gauge question

To: 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Gauge question
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
Oh Wise ones

Had my 6 on the road for the first time today for a length run. This is the
first long run since it was completely rebuild.

The temp gauge rose to just a needles width below the hot mark on the run. When
I stopped the hoses and radiator were warm but not as hot where you could not
put your hand on them and be burnt. There was nothing in the over flow bottle
indicating that the water was boiling and needing to get out of the radiator.

Am going to buy a meat thermometer tomorrow and after getting it back to the
above state see what the real temp is.

Now here are the questions. 1) At what point on this gauge should you be
reading 200*?    2) There is a slot on the back of the temp gauge that appears
to be for fine tuning. Which way should it be turned to get the needle to come
back to center? Last question: What is the normal temp and its location on this
gauge?

Thanks for any advise. Dale