Front coil spring spacers

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front coil spring spacers
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:47:11 -0400
Hi all,

Still sorting out my car since finishing the frame off restoration last
summer. Guess the restoration really isn't complete until the punch list is
clean but some things have been put off to enjoy the short weather window
here in Maine

The first real alignment in 18 years didn't go as well as I'd hoped.
Checking my ride height I find that the front is about an inch lower than
the rear. It may be so low that it also is causing excessive negative camber
making alignment difficult. The springs were changed during restoration to a
Goodparts set that are supposed to lower the entire car about an inch. I
have some old spacers but am not sure what they are. Does anyone know how
thick the spacers need to be for a gain of 3/4" and 1" of front ride
height?.

Rick Patton