RE: Tires and Speedometer Question

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Subject: RE: Tires and Speedometer Question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 13:36:46 -0700
 John:

        Jumpy is normally caused by binding in the cable, which requires
that
the cable be lubricated.
        The fast speedo can be caused by several things; Miscalibration,
wrong speedo drive gear, or lower ratio gears in the rear end.
        Adding an overdrive should not in and of itself cause the speedo
to be wrong, since the speedo tap is in effect taken off the driveshaft.
However, adding a Volvo J-type overdrive will cause the speedo to read
slow for example, because Volvos have different speedo drive gears.

        Vance