Lighting questions (headlights and side marker lamps)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lighting questions (headlights and side marker lamps)
From: "Richard and Tracy Lambour" <rlambour@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:49:25 -0400
Howdy listers,

A couple of questions about lamps.  The headlamp buckets on my 70 TR-6 are
rusted through in a couple of spots and need to come off.  They are riveted to
the body panels.  No mention of this in the Bently manual, but the photos
appear to show rivets (too small for my tired eyes to pick out!).  Does anyone
know if this is normal?  I want to drill out the rivets, but don't want to
damage the underlying body panels.

Second question is in regard to the side marker lamps and front flasher lamps.
These are covered by the rubber boots.  Bently manual says that the fixtures
should simply unfasten from the wiring.  Is there a trick to this?  Mine don't
want to come loose, and appear as though they will need to have the wires cut
to come off.  Surely this isn't the way these things were made?

Thanks very much in advance!

Rick Lambour

70 TR-6