RE: Lighting questions (headlights and side marker lamps)

To: "'Jim Davis'" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: Lighting questions (headlights and side marker lamps)
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:38:42 -0700
Rick,
Be sure and order new gaskets to go behind the buckets

Stephen Hanselman

The large pop rivets that attach the buckets to the body can be drilled
out without damaging the fenders.
The side marker lights and front flashers have about six inches of wires
that plug into connectors in the front wiring harness. Look on the
inside of the fenders and it should be obvious where the connectors are
located.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

A couple of questions about lamps.  The headlamp buckets on my 70 TR-6
are rusted through in a couple of spots and need to come off.  They are
riveted to the body panels.  No mention of this in the Bently manual,
but the photos appear to show rivets (too small for my tired eyes to
pick out!).  Does anyone know if this is normal?  I want to drill out
the rivets, but don't want to damage the underlying body panels.

Rick Lambour

70 TR-6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: