Major fuel Leak need help before tank runs dry or I start a

To: 6pack@autox.team.net (The 6 Pack List),
Subject: Major fuel Leak need help before tank runs dry or I start a
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:18:03 +0000
List, thanks for the distributor problem fix not I have a fuel problem.

I pushed the 6 out side, and started it up with the garage door closed behind
me. The car blew lots of smoke, but just after I got it over 2k rpms the smoke
went away and it started to leak fuel. I mean like the fuel pipe was not
connected to the carb. My wife is still screaming about the smell of gas in the
driveway. I checked the connections, and the fuel is going into the carb, but
then leaks out the side.

And now even if I crank it, the pump just pushes the fuel to the carb. The fuel
then leaks out where the linkage (choke) connects (hex bolt on side of carb). I
reved it a couple of times and a douse of gas went out the air intake port of
the carb. BTW- The is only happening to the front carb. The rear carb is fine.
I took the the air cleaner off and noticed the hole where the rear carb gets
air, feels a bit warm, the front carb where the problem is nothing, no heat,
cold.

This may of also happened the other day in the garage, on my first start, but I
did not notice it. My question is, why would the gas fill up in the carb and
not go into the engine, I did not check to see if the front carb was sucking
air, their was too much gas spewing out to keep the car running safely.

I thought that maybe the front of the engine was not going through the 4 stroke
cycle, maybe the engine was not opening and closing valves for the front three
cylinders, but that seems a little too crazy to me. Also if the I was wrong
with the ingnition, wouldn't the gas get at least sucked into the engine, even
though it won't be burned by the spark? The car does run now, but I get limited
power. And have to rev the engine to keep it running.

Can I adjust down the amount of fuel going to the carb? I'm totally confused on
why this would happen, and ruin my inaguaral run.ANY suggestions?

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net