Re: Gas smell

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas smell
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:28:04 -1000
All,

I got around to determing the problem this weekend.  After getting the
brakes partially squared away, I went out to get a burrito and noticed that
my tank was completely empty?  I was sure I filled prior to garaging it a
couple of weeks ago???.  After clearing out the trunk and finding nothing
there, I started with the carbs and worked my way backward.  Jeff Fettner
was over helping me out and found it.

The rubber hose connecting the fuel filter to the metal line was completely
disintigrated????  Fuel was just poring out of the line until it completely
drained the line. From Saturday night to mid day on Sunday, I lost a half a
tank of gas.  I'm really not sure how long this was going on but am grateful
that other issues kept the car in the garage with the exception of very
small drives from the house. I have a pan under the car for obvious other
reasons and I guess that it wasn't fast enough for it to spill over and
notice anything and would evaporate during the day.

Could have been a castophry waiting to happen.

Thanks all,

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI