RE: Radiator recore

To: "'Gary Fluke'" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Radiator recore
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:38:42 -0700
Gary,

My vote is to go with the thicker core.  The TR is marginally cooled
anyway go for as much as you can.  At this point you might want to
consider the "pusher" electric fan in front of the radiator.  Then the
fan will never get close to the radiator :)

Stephen Hanselman
Subject: Radiator recore

I've got a second opinion on my radiator and the verdict is the same,
the
core needs replacing.  The man at the shop says the original core is
1-1/2"
thick and has quoted replacement with a 2-1/2" 4-row core at $330.  He
is
going to get back with me regarding what it would cost with a core
closer to
the stock size.  He said the stock radiator has a 4-core design but that
the
rows are staggered and that there are a lot more tubes (which are lined
up
with each other) with the 2-1/2" core.  My main concern is that if I go
with
a 2-1/2" core, is there a chance the fan blades will impinge the
radiator
surface?

Gary
'73