Re: wiper motor color

To: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net (The 6 Pack
Subject: Re: wiper motor color
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:33:16 +0000
Really depends on the year, late models had a black motor, and a silver gear
housing, silver like the valve cover and air cleaner. (I went with this
combination, semi-gloss engine enamel black with MOSS valve cover silver).
Other years had an all valve cover silver. Some factory replacements were blue.
But I've seen some that were silver motor housing, with a non-painted polished
to a slight shine gear housing. Take a look at engine picks on the 6pack site
and on e-bay.

If you blew up your engine under warranty when it was new. You got a light
(sky?) blue painted engine block when it was replaced by the dealer. Not the
typical Semi-gloss black it came original.

In a pic on page 56 of the Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 companion by Rossi and
Clark. Its a B&W pick, but shows two colors, dark then light (silver) for the
gear housing. Also page 53 shows it is similar to a '70 model. I wonder if the
Car and Driver article in 69 would have a color pic of the engine compartment?

--
Gene
genehart@att.net

-------------- Original message from Jim Jones : --------------

> I've searched the archives for this before asking, so I hope someone can tell
>me
> what the correct paint color for the TR6 wiper motor would be. My motor seems
> work very well, but the case is very faded and corroded. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Check out the new British Cars Forum: