RE: Woe is Me Broken Diff Mount

To: James_ TR6 <jattr6@hotmail.com>, TR250Driver@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Woe is Me Broken Diff Mount
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
Darrell,

May want to get the template from VTR as noted
below...just make sure you hold the thing up to your
diff mounts & make sure the templates are the correct
size.  I had 2 sets made & they came out just a bit on
the undersized side, but we still used them....well
one set.  Still have the other set available & if yer
in a pinch I can send 'em to ya' & you can replace
them at a later date.

Cheers,

Todd
--- James_ TR6 <jattr6@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hey darrell,
>
> don't be too sad yet...
> true, it is a pain, but if you are ambitious you
> could download a template
> and make your own plate!
> http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diff-mounts.html <see
> link at the bottom>
> i ordered the full kit, but only used the plates.
>
> good luck.
>

> >From: TR250Driver@aol.com
> >To: TR250Driver@aol.com, jattr6@hotmail.com,
> 6pack@autox.team.net,
> >triumphs@autox.team.net
> >Subject: Woe is Me Broken Diff Mount
> >Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:15:21 EDT
> >
> >Guys,
> >Just need to whine a little to guys that know.
> After replacing everything
> >in
> >the rear suspension on my Six last year.  This year
> she comes up with a
> >pretty nasty squeak in reverse and when
> decelerating.  Upon inspection I
> >find that
> >the diff is moving around when rocking the car and
> the squeak is prominent.
> >can feel a crack going across the bottom of the
> diff bracket, thrust side.
> >Can anyone provide me with some cheese with my
> whine?  Dang it!  I am
> >headed
> >for the 6-PACK Trials in Door County, WS in about a
> month. TRF is out of
> >gusset
> >kits. Woe is Me!  I guess with all the new parts
> the OLE Six found the weak
> >link.
> >No Cheers,
> >Darrell