More on U-Joints

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: More on U-Joints
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:17:47 -0400
Things are going better with the u-joints.

I took the yoke off the drive shaft spline end. Interesting.... There is
an 1/8" vent hole in the end of the yoke. I suppose it's an air vent so
the in/out movement of the spline is not impeded by a vacuum inside the
spline. Interestingly enough, the tip of male end of the spline was full
of dirt and crud across from the vent hole.

So here I am Mr. novice mechanic all paranoid about how clean I keep
everything, and these guys design a dirt port into thing....

Don Malling

Check out the new British Cars Forum: