Re: Chapter 3 on TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chapter 3 on TR6 Transmission--Reverse gear grinder
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:02:28 -0700
Gary---Wear in the MC pushrod at the clevis pin will lessen the amount
of fluid pushed down to the slave. It used to be that we could purchase
these separately. 7. Now I understand we can only get these as part of a
new MC. However, pushrods can be repaired by filling and drilling, if
you have no need to buy a new MC.  Check for elongation in the clutch
pedal secondary arm, as wear here causes the same shortness of stroke at
the MC.

Looking for Chapter 4...

Dick

Check out the new British Cars Forum: