Oil Pressure Specifications?

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Specifications?
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:20:31 -0500
 I looked in the Bentley manual for oil pressure specifications and didn't
find any. With 20w50 with the motor  cold the oil pressure is at or slightly
above 75 PSI. Is that too high? When warmed up at around 3-4K it's at around
50 PSI and 15 psi at idle.
  At what pressure does the relief valve open with the stock spring? Moss also
offers a higher rated spring does any one know it's relief pressure?

  As always thanks for any information.

  The car is currently awaiting parts for 2 carbs which were rebuilt by TRF,
which have sticking needle valves!!! I didn't even contact them on this one.
Just ordered new ones from Moss. Out of 5 things they rebuilt 5 have had
problems!!!!!  Two leaking calipers (one fixed by me and one they rebuilt),
two stuck needle valves in two carbs, and one carb which was cleaned off with
a wire wheel  which ruined the look of the carb body!!!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard