RE: I can't put it back that way...

To: "'John & Allison Cyganowski'" <janah@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I can't put it back that way...
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:00:47 -0400
If the engine runs to your satisfaction, leave the gummy mess alone. If
it isn't giving you the performance you desire, pull the engine and
rebuild it with carefully thought out performance upgrades that will
give you the performance you desire within the limitations of the
engine's design.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

I have had the shipwrights disease warnings, and I know the road to
automotive hell begins with the subject phrase.

However, not being content to just change my oil & filter, I think my
tappet gaps need adjusting as there is a little too much tickety-tick
coming from my engine. So now I have my valve cover off and, well,
....yuck!  The top of the head is kind of caked up with carbon and old
oil. I can't put it back this way, can I?

What does the group recommend as a maintenance procedure?
I was considering adding that oil line to the top of the head, but I am
not sure now.  I do not think I want to disturb any of that old junk
unless I go all the way and clean it all up. What do you guys think?

Regards,
John Cyg
CC52927LO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: