RE: Flexible Coupling Fun

To: <Acekraut11@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Flexible Coupling Fun
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:35:41 -0700
        Aaron:

        Having just gone through this, I can tell you that it is pretty
simple if
you know the trick. (Just like everything else on our cars).
        I used a large pair of channel lock pliers to squeeze the
rotoflex
while inserting the bolts. In my case, the rotoflex had larger center to
center
spacing for the bolts than the old, dried out rotoflex. So I put my
trusty channel
locks on so that I could compress the new rotoflex slightly to bring two
of the bolt
holes closer together. Insert the bolts, then rotate the rotoflex 90
degrees and
repeat. Took about 5 minutes.
        You could also use a c-clamp, I would imagine. Would free up one
hand, so that
you could do it in 2 minutes instead of 5.

        Cheers,

        Vance