Re: Spam Alert: Re: Tr6 5 speed conversion

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Alert: Re: Tr6 5 speed conversion
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:03:38 -0400
I was wondering if the shifter is in the same place and what the gearing is
like compared to the original transmission. Did you notice a difference in
acceleration? Does anyone have the gearing specs? I understand there are 3
or 4 different gearing options available for the Supra tranny used in the
conversion. What was the install like. Did it require shortening of the
driveshaft?
    James mentioned that it only dropped the RPM about 400 or so, not much
of a drop, I would have expected a lot more. Did you guys source the tranny
locally?

Thanks Nick

Check out the new British Cars Forum: