Engine breakin

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine breakin
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:37:27 EDT
Jason
For my engine break-in I used Castrol 5W-50 and poured STP on the rocker
shaft and down onto the lifters to give the camshaft an extra bit of lube.  AT
600
miles I changed the oil and replaced it with Castrol 5W-50.  Ran it for 2000
miles and switched over to Castrol Syntec.  I am not in any affliliated with
Castrol, it's just what I've always used in my Brit cars.  This was based on
what I have gleaned from others over the years. It worked for me.  Others may
have a different method.
Mike C   3,000 miles on the rebuild with no leaks-beetter go check the oil
level!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: