Intermittent Overdrive Progress

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intermittent Overdrive Progress
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:59:08 -0400
Hi All-

A few weeks back I aksed the list about my A-type overdrive being
intemittent.  Some day I have it and some days I don't. When I have it it
never drops out.  When I don't have it, the overdrive never kicks in.

A few of you mentioned possibe loose connections on the Yellow /
Yellow-Violet harness being loose.  I have finally returned to this issue.
I have noticed that the yellow purple wire is missing some insulation.  It
seems to be corroded in places. The yellow purple wire also shows evidence
of overheating (blistered insulation, melted to the yellow wire)

So I have a couple of questions:

1.) I suppose I need to order Moss part # 169-128.  Is this correct, or
should I maybe just order 169-110?
2.) What would account for this overheating?  Obviously more current than
the wire was rated for - maybe a short to ground?

My overdrive / tranny was rebuilt before I bought the car, so I am a little
miffed that this was missed.

Regards,
John Cyg
CC57927LO