Fuse Blowing

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuse Blowing
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:50:16 -0400
I've had one fuse blow three times in about 5Kmi, twice in 50mi. It's the
White-to-Green one (stock 17.5A blow at 35A) that feeds the OD solenoid,
fuel & temp gauges, turn signal, fan, etc. Before I begin disassembling
things (thereby causing more problems), I'd like to know if there's
(1) a historically likely cause or
(2) a simple way to isolate the cause.

Here's what I know:
- Today I installed a standard modern 20A fuse and switched and fiddled
everything on the circuit. Nuthin'.
- My OD switch has always been super-sensitive. Just touching it while the
lever is down causes it to shift.
- Some months ago, the OD occasionally failed to shift down; but this
cleared up by switching the ignition on and off. Dunno if this is related.

Doug Morris, NC
'74 TR6 CF18kUO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: