Re: stock ride height

To: jlumia@ball.com
Subject: Re: stock ride height
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:40:01 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2004 12:05:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jlumia@ball.com writes:

> I have been searching the archives for this, but does anyone know what the
> stock ride height should be for a later TR6 with stock 185 tires?  I bought
> some uprated springs for the rear a couple of years ago, which raised the
> rear
> a little but looks fine.  Now I just replaced the front springs with uprated
> Moss springs and it is sitting way high in the front.  I almost want to put
> the old ones back on.  Thanks.

This is a most common and really frustrating problem related to bad
reproduction parts being sold by a major supplier.  If they only new what it
takes to
put them in and take them back out.  I know that Scot Harper at Team Triumph in
Warren, OH has a source for springs that actually fit. I have the rear ones
on my TR6 and I am going to fit the front ones this winter. I have seen a few
cars with new springs from Scot and they look OK.  NFI, his number is
330-392-7176.
Hope this Helps, I feel your pain.
Darrell

Check out the new British Cars Forum: