Stowing zip out rear window

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stowing zip out rear window
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 05:13:23 -0800 (PST)
Ryan Van Luchene wrote:

"My top doesn't have a strap or anything to hold it down properly (which i have
seen in an illustration in the official driver's handbook). Is this something
that
you have to custom install?"

I found that the best way for me is to store the rear window is by installing
snaps on the window and the back panel in front of the gas tank which secures
the window at speed and keeps it from flapping.   I have found that this is the
best place to stow the window whether it is zipped out and the top is up or
when the top is stowed.  By leaving the window snapped down when stowing the
top you get less abrasions and resultant opaqueness on the window than if you
by stow it in the zipped in position as recommended by the factory. I wouldn't
consider getting a top without a zip out window unless I was really into
winning a concours judging since the zip out makes a world of difference
temperature wise in the Summer.  I think I got this tip from the list 6 or 7
years ago, thanks to whoever it was that offered the suggestion.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6